Smart technology for smart smiles
Technology has made our lives easier in a number of different ways, including having orthodontic treatment. The latest technology to be taking the orthodontic world by storm is Dental Monitoring, a revolutionary software that means orthodontists can track the progress of their patients’ treatment all via selfies taken on a smartphone.
What is Dental Monitoring?
Dental Monitoring is orthodontic software that makes it easier than ever before for patients to fit orthodontic treatment into their busy lifestyles. Fewer appointments yet greater communication with their orthodontist means greater treatment results and in faster times.
So how does Dental Monitoring work?
It starts with a visit to the orthodontist where an assessment of your orthodontic treatment needs is made, and a treatment plan is put in place. Usually, you would be required to come back to the orthodontic clinic every six to eight weeks for a check-up, but that means scheduling a lot of appointments into your diary throughout your treatment journey.
Dental Monitoring means you don’t have to do that. Instead, all you need to do is download the Dental Monitoring app to your smartphone and take a selfie of your teeth every 7-10 days to upload to the app. This selfie comes through to the clinic where your orthodontist reviews the position of your teeth in relation to your treatment plan to make sure your teeth are where they should be. If everything is looking on track, there’s no need to come in to the clinic for a check-up.
Benefits of Dental Monitoring
- Fit for your lifestyle: Everyone’s lives are busy but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on the good things – like orthodontic treatment. Dental Monitoring makes it easier to fit orthodontic treatment into your lifestyle. With fewer check-up appointments you can continue to travel for work or play, go on holiday, move to a new house or spend time doing what you enjoy doing, without having to stop and visit the orthodontist.
- Stay in touch: Got a question about your treatment? There’s no need to wait for six weeks to ask it. The Dental Monitoring app allows you to send a question directly to your orthodontist. So, although you may not be visiting the clinic very often, you’ll have greater communication with the orthodontic team in charge of your treatment and care.
- Enjoy orthodontic treatment on the go: There are no restrictions to having orthodontic treatment with Dental Monitoring. As long as you have your smartphone with you and a Wi-Fi connection, so you can send your selfie to your orthodontist, you can travel, work, or holiday all the while knowing you’ll soon have beautifully straight teeth for photos!
- Great results: Dental Monitoring provides your orthodontic treatment with more information more often. Instead of waiting for a patient to come in for a check-up every 6-8 weeks, your orthodontist can track your treatment every week, so if anything isn’t as it should be, treatment can be corrected immediately.
- Faster treatment time: Dental Monitoring has the potential to speed up treatment time because of the more consistent monitoring of your treatment.
Who is Dental Monitoring for?
Most orthodontists who are using Dental Monitoring are using it in conjunction with Invisalign aligners. As with all treatment and technology the results achieved with Dental Monitoring can vary, so patients are recommended to speak with their orthodontist and ask the following questions:
- Do you use Dental Monitoring and how experienced are you with the software?
- Do you use Dental Monitoring for Invisalign only or all orthodontic treatment methods?
- How successful have you been achieving results for your patients using Dental Monitoring?
- Would Dental Monitoring be suitable for me?
Find out more
Want to find out more about Dental Monitoring? Find your nearest Invisible Orthodontist member on our locations page. Not all our members use Dental Monitoring so be sure to ask if that’s what you’re looking for.